Monday, March 22, 2010

fitbloggin' 2010

I attended the Fitbloggin’ 2010 conference this year, even though I didn’t get into Baltimore until mid-morning Saturday – I had an amazing time!

Bryan was so sweet and drove me all the way to baltimore from VA early Saturday morning. Lilly and Charlie also came for the ride.

DSC02233.JPG

We actually slept in a bit later than we wanted to, so I wasn’t able to make it there until about 11:30 – I was still able to catch the end of one session where they talked about pitching yourself to the media.

The first people I ran into were Allison and Quinn – it was so great to see some familiar faces and reunite with them again.

IMG_1123.JPG

The fitbloggin‘ staff planned a great lunch with tons of healthy yet tasty options, I ended up with a roasted veggie panini, mushroom (?) soup, roasted veggies, and some spinach salad – it was all delicious. I actually didn’t have any room for the soup since I had such a late breakfast.

DSC02237.JPG

there was also a cute dessert table with raspberry jello shooter – loved it!

IMG_1131.JPG

This is when I started meeting so many other bloggers – it was great to meet new people, I am always interested in learning & reading other blogs. A couple of the people I met during lunch were Beth from Dining and Dishing and Tess from Wellness Daily.

IMG_1130.JPG

I also got lots of neat things in my gift bag – my favorite was this cool little device called Gruve. I already love this thing so much, I think I might write an entire separate post on it.

DSC02243.JPG

After the event, I met a bunch of other bloggers at McCormick & Schmick’s by the water. Aime, me, Jacquie, and Quinn…

IMG_1180.JPG

I didn’t have any wine or appetizers, but I did order the best sparkling water I have ever tired…

DSC02245.JPG

A bunch of us worked up a pretty big appetite for SUSHI! This was such an amazing group of girls – I haven’t met so many great people in ages, if ever! here we have Cara, Amie, Allison, Heather, me, Quinn, Meg, Brittany, and Stephanie, and Katie.

cimg3635_thumb.jpg

I loved this sushi restaurant, the sushi, wine, and these hot warm towels we are given upon arriving…

IMG_1192.JPG

I had ordered three rolls, and devoured them all =) I have no idea what they were specifically, but all that matters is that they were delish!

DSC02255.JPGDSC02259.JPG

I felt like such an occasion called for wine…

IMG_1195.JPG

other girls thought so too =) I loved this

IMG_1197.JPG

Afterwards we found a place to relax, If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I don’t drink – but this is once in a while so I dont feel bad having some fun =)

Allison and I decided it was a great idea to do a shot, it was a fabulous idea!

excited, yet scared!

There was some rock band at Quinn’s house that followed,

I had such an amazing time – I WILL be signing up again next year for fitbloggin 2010! thank you so much girls for a great night =)

[Via http://sweetandfit.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment