Wednesday, January 20, 2010

About Me

So why should you read this blog, won’t it be just other boring, self-centred have a look at me affair.  Well I don’t think so. So in order for you to make up your own mind if you should bookmark these pages I have a quick overview planned of what this blog will be about.

But 1st a bit about me.  I have a huge passion for all things related to food. What do I mean – well eating is not just about the food but the drink that goes with it as well as the atmosphere.  It does not stop there either.  There is a whole lifestyle that has evolved around the food culture.  We now have 4 (even though 2 are time shift) dedicated TV channels, countless magazine’s and even 100’s phone applications all geared to what is now termed lifestyle. So what do I bring to the table (pun intended).

Beside my passion, I also have experience. I was an apprentice chef and worked as a baker for 10 years with a German Artisan Master baker.  I have run a coffee shop and never stop exploring all facets of the culinary world. Now (over 10 years) I work in the world of IT which allows me to also comment on the new and exiting world of technology relating to food.

So what will this blog do

  • Food reviews (be that ingredients or finished products)
  • Book reviews ( I buy many books each month)
  • Recipes (even stuff that goes completely wrong)
  • Gadgets (I’m a kitchen gadgets tragic)
  • Food related tech
  • I will be looking at doing a video blog down the track
  • Wine/drinks review and comment (my wine fridges are always full with new wines)
  • Restaurant reviews

Let the fun begin

[Via http://jwicher.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment