Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Posto Pubblico, Elgin St

Hello hello!

So we went to see the 2 apartments tonight and now we are in limbo second guessing ourselves… hmmppff!! Oh well, I’m viewing more on Friday and hopefully tomorrow if another agent gets back to me. 

After we saw the apartments I really wanted a glass of wine and some dinner. I had some pretzels before I left the house but they weren’t going to cut it. We strolled to Elgin St which is one of the most popular and busy streets on Hong Kong Island (along with Staunton Street). There are restaurants everywhere. Posto Pubblico is a relatively new place that has opened since Adam was here last year. It’s an Italian/American theme and I must say, really swish inside. I loved it! The service was also fantastic!

IMG_5512

It also had a nice vibe with lots of people dining or having drinks after work and you can sit up at the bar. We got a booth.

Bread was brought to the table imminently. I had 2 of the ciabatta sticks which were super thin and holey and 1 piece of focaccia.

IMG_5509

There was focaccia and ciabatta (I think). All bread is baked on premises and they also make fresh mozzarella too.

Specials board and the view to the kitchen.

IMG_5514

So I perved on some other peoples dishes and this struck my eye on many tables! It was a caprese salad – one of my favourite salads! I had to get it. We shared everything tonight. 

IMG_5515

The fresh mozzarella was awesome. So chewy and flavoursome and there were red, yellow and green tomatoes.

Next up we had the tuna fagioli which was tuna with white beans and onion.  

IMG_5517

So tasty.

We also got the last serve of veal meatballs. Lucky we did because they were incredible! Super cheesy and the sauce was thick and tomatoey. We each had a meatball.

IMG_5518

Lastly we got the “Stray and Hay” pasta with peas and pancetta. This was spinach and egg homemade pasta. So chewy and almost like noodles. My only complaint was that the sauce was very creamy which I didn’t realise when we ordered. It was still delicious, I just had a bit less of it than the other dishes.

IMG_5519

Each dish was “tapas” style sizing, but I am the perfect fullness now. Not stuffed, not hungry. I also had 2 glasses of a Gavi de Gavi white wine from Italy (can’t remember the name of it though!).

We’ll definitely be back, the food is delish and it’s fantastic service.

[Via http://whatisforbreakfast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment