Monday, January 18, 2010

Glee Makes Miso Happy

Hi there!

How’d your weekend round out? Mine was A-OK :D Jealous of everyone who has tomorrow off, though ;)

After I left you this morning, my plans pretty much changed right away. My friend and I cancelled on each other, yet again, deciding next Sunday would be better for trying on bridesmaids dresses. I still can’t wait to see how it looks :D She got them from J Crew, and they’re about knee length, sleeveless, and plum-colored. Adorable.

So instead, I worked a little more on a project, and then had the hubski be my victim guinea pig, and then had him take pictures/shoot a video of me doing one of my favorite strength-moves for Janetha’s mini guest post.

 

 

I made the BEST juice ever from our Jack La Lane juicer.

The suspects:

IMG_4975

 

I shook things up a little this morning. Usually I just do carrot + grapefruit. Today celery and beety came to play!

 

IMG_4978

Turned out magnificently! Although the beet was rather…stainy, it produced the deepest red shade of juice ever.

Lunch was a mix of some new veggies I purchased over the weekend, and I knew I wouldn’t have time to make during the week before they went bad.

Radicchio pizza + Steamed Bok Choy:

 

IMG_4982

For the pizza, I simply toasted an Ezekiel tortilla (which toast up superbly, by the way – so crispy!) in the oven, and then topped with sliced raddicchio w/ some olive oil and s&p.

 

IMG_4983

Looks pretty fancy, doesn’t it? Well it tasted like feet! The recipe was from The Kind Diet, and it looked super good on the page, but I wasn’t a fan.

Apparently I don’t like radicchio. Who knew? It’s way too bitter for me. I did, however, omit an ingredient since I didn’t have it on hand, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

The steamed bok choy, however, had a different story to tell!

 

IMG_4980

 

It was delicious! I dipped each bit in a wee bit of miso paste I made from this miso:

 

IMG_4979 

with a little tahini and lemon juice.  SO good. I’ve never tried miso before, either, so I was super pumped to find that I liked it.

Some of you have commented that I’ve been trying out lots of new things lately. Well, yes, yes I have. I don’t really have an explanation for it. Sometimes I just get bored, and need a little variety in mah life! I’m sure we all can relate :D

I also finally got around to giving Niko a bath today. She’s getting groomed later this week, but I felt it just couldn’t wait.

She got in a little floor-rubbing-action before I took a blow dryer to her rat face :D   IMG_4985

 

I had been having a weird feeling of anxiety all day (happens when I’m working on something important…or sometimes for no reason at all) but didn’t feel like working anymore, so when Hubski suggested cocktail hour and Wii bowling, I was so down.

 

IMG_4988 IMG_4989  

Bloody Mary for the him.

Two-handed OJ for the her.

 

IMG_4990

Watered down OJ (can’t stand the full taste,) rum, amaretto.

He totally killed it in bowling. All four games. Did about 20 strike dances. Hmph!

Right after he kicked my ass for the fourth game we finished our fourth game, my parents arrived!

We had plans to do a little shopping and get some good grub.

Oh, btw, Niko is crazy obsessed with my dad.

 

IMG_4994 IMG_4995 

And I think the feeling is likewise ;)

We stopped by Von Maur, where I got a cute shirt, and two doubly cute mugs for some holidays coming up!

 

IMG_4996 IMG_4997 IMG_4998 

I diee!! How cute are these mugs?! I couldn’t help it. Shane gets made because I’m such a mug collector. So to compromise I threw out two neglected Ikea ones ;)

Dinner was at the Olive Garden. We hadn’t been there in forever, but it’s our usual dining spot when the parental unit visits.

I forgot my camera, so behold some crappy iPhone pics:

IMG_1039

Pinot and H2O.

IMG_1040

Ravioli di Portabello…+ 1 bread…aaand now I’m stuffed.

 

Now it’s time to continue watching the Golden Globes. Glee just won best comedy/musical!! Hooray!!! :D I’m probably 80% watching just for Glee.

Are you watching the Golden Globes? What’s your favorite part of awards shows? The fashion, the bloopers, the presenters, the awards? I love seeing all the amazing fashion, but I typically only watch when I’m really, really rooting for someone/some group (Glee, case in point.)

Have a wonderful end to your weekend and a great Monday morning. I just made my first batch of overnight oats for tomorrow morning. I haven’t hopped on the cold oats train, so I’ll let you know how that goes over tomorrow!

[Via http://runningaroundnormal.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment