Wednesday, February 24, 2010

House of the Rising Sun - Concha Y Toro

Did I mention that I’ve been keeping tasting notes for several years now?  Don’t get concerned; I won’t share them all here.  But I thought this particular selection would be of interest to others like me looking for good values in wine.  I had this quite recently, too.

Vineyard:     Sunrise (by Concha Y Toro)

Wine:           Chardonnay

Vintage:       2008

Appellation: Central Valley – Chile

Price:          $7.99

Notes:         Nice apple and lemon with a hint of grass.  It was surprisingly flaccid in the mid-palate for me.  Perhaps I should give it another go just to be sure I wasn’t having an off day.  Not a particularly bad wine; in fact not at all offensive.  Just not a very interesting wine for my taste.  Of course, given the very reasonable price, you could do worse.

Important:  I am not a professional sommelier or wine connoissuer.  I have taste buds, however, and know what I like.  Please do not consider my thoughts to be an endorsement or diminution of any particular wine.  You should always judge for yourself as likes, dislikes, and taste are very subjective.

[Via http://joepeckblogarhythms.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment