Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wine Uh-Oh!

I was sitting on my couch reading My Life in France by Julia Child and drinking a glass of Beaujolais Nouveau when suddenly my wine spilled onto my new pink upholstered chair!  Horror upon horrors!  I immediately ran to the kitchen for a towel to blot, and managed to remove some of the wine.  I then tried to rinse out the stain with water, but much to my dismay a rather odd green colour resulted.  I then took the cushion off of the chair to read the cleaning instructions and it clearly states not to use any water based cleaners on the chair.  Shit!  Double shit!!!  I’m calling Ethan Allen first thing tomorrow morning to explain my rather embarrassing situation.  Hopefully they can recommend some kind of cleaner or service to remove my now green-tinged favorite chair.

From now on I’m drinking wine only while seated completely upright on my leather bar stool, with no upholstered/electronic items within spilling distance.

My poor chair…sigh.

[Via http://hautescience.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment