Friday, February 12, 2010

Rare wine cellar in the middle of Vienna

You would expect something like this anywhere in France or in Italy, but in Austria?

I have heard about the outstanding collection of wines from all over the world from many people living in Vienna before, but I always dismissed it thinking - yeah, we have heard this, everything what is in my city is the best, as I caught myself in stereotypes. 

It is useful to study a psychology sometimes and a lecture from social psychology made me to realise, that stereotypes are just blocking from experiencing something new and even constrain our personal freedom. So I went to see this “unbelievable cellar” as one wine loving taxi driver said on my way from the airport.

The wine cellar at Palais Coburg is a must see for every wine enthusiast or even for a curiosity seeker.

I have made a short video there so have a look. I am sure after seeing this you will pack your suitcase in a minute and head for a weekend in this charming Austrian capital.

[Via http://winebeing.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment