Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble Gobble

I am so excited for this upcoming Thanksgiving!  Turkey day is one of my favorite holidays because it is a time for friends and family to reconnect and share a warm, home cooked meal with some delicious wine without the worries of gift-giving.  This year my family has made a collective decision to have a local and sustainable feast.

My mom has been at the forefront of this decision and I fully support her.  She ordered our free range turkey from a local farm and our side dishes will consist of veggies from local growers.  To round out the meal you can be certain that I will be bringing some of Yolo’s finest wine to the table (my mother just recently informed me that I will also be responsible for the dessert this year…does  Chapman Hill Syrah count as dessert??).

Everyone is quite interested to see the bounty of our local community and even more excited to share it with one another.

Bon Appétit!

Patricia

[Via http://romingerwestwinery.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment