Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Super busy day

Today felt incredibly long, I had a lot going on today. Lunch was at home, in between some meetings here in town.

First, CSA carrots, mushrooms and hummus:

Check out the size of those carrots!

And then, for something quick and convenient, I had Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup hemp granola and grapes. I don’t see myself getting sick of this combo anytime soon!

FYI- Hemp seeds are high in Omega-3s and Omega-6s, and they are a good source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, and zinc. They are also a rich source of B vitamins, they also contain vitamins A, D, and K. Score!

I was also able to grab a quick snack at home. A Wasa cracker with two slices of cheese.

The event I attended tonight was hosted by the Nisswa Area Women of Today and it was held at Grand View Lodge’s new event center, which is gorgeous! Here is where the social hour took place:

The decor is so cozy!

I know I’ve talked about Nisswa before, but it is an adorable small town a few miles North of Brainerd. It’s one of the area’s hottest tourists destinations because of its cute downtown that has tons of character and fun shopping. It almost feels like a small European village or something? Nisswa totally explodes in the summertime, but it certainly isn’t vacant in the winter time. I wish I could live there! I <3 Nisswa. Maybe I shall go there this weekend…

Anyway, we did our work thang (FYI- our medical spa is a partner of Grand View’s spa) during the social time and dinner was at 6:30. I was famished! Dinner included: a glass of Cabernet, a side salad, a roll, chicken, veggies and potatoes. I ate about half of my chicken and half of my potatoes. I had to save room for their delicious German chocolate cake! It was so worth it, yum! I ate all but a couple bites.

The fashion show was cute and a very fun way to support local retail.

I honestly don’t know if I had ever been to a fashion show before tonight. I’m glad I was able to attend!

Time for bed! My ears are bugging my tonight. Fingers crossed I’m not getting sick. 

How’s your week going???

No comments:

Post a Comment