Friday, October 23, 2009

World of WineCraft: Let Battle Commence

We need more yeast!! Quick add more YEAST!!

When I first moved in with my present wife  four years ago, I decided to sell my PS2 and give up a life of gaming. I didn’t see this as a sacrifice, and it certainly wasn’t an act of submission to the impending life of servitude. No. Gaming for me had run its natural course and to be honest, I never really found a way into Vice City: San Andreas anyway.

Over the past year, the iPhone has re-introduced me to the joys of handheld console gaming in the way that my 1980’s self found joy in the Game & Watch series. I was a Nintendo Oil Panic man all the way in those days.

So, the iPhone is as far as it goes in terms of my return to….WAIT A MINUTE, what’s this coming over the hill? A PC game that allows you to create the vineyard of your dreams in 10 of the most important wine regions of France?

Command operations from your very own French Chateau? Build your winery, plant and tend your vines through all four seasons of the year, and hire staff to harvest and process your grapes?

Produce 50 French wines such as Bordeaux, Burgundy, Pinot Gris and Champagne from more than 40 different grape varietals, all in the ultimate goal of becoming a wealthy wine baron?

This could be it! This could be the way back in for some serious gameplay. REJOICE!!

Actually judging by this promo website we may be heading for disappointment but I really hope this not to be the case.

Wine drinkers everywhere are praying that they developers have built in “TRON” functionality allowing for quick transmorphication directly into the pixellated wine vat…

No comments:

Post a Comment