Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Best packaging 2009

December 15 Best packaging. Did your headphones come in a sweet case? See a bottle of tea in another country that stood off the shelves?

*This post is part of the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge.

Ever since I held & smelled one for the 1st time at Mom 2.0 Summit last year, I have been hooked on Paddywax candles. They are amazing. My absolute favorite is the Rosemary Sage, but when I got their sale email a few weeks ago, I stocked up on several of the holiday box candles to give as hostess & holiday gifts this season. The packaging of the Rosemary Sage travel tin is awesome because you can put the cover back on anytime and grab & go. Also, when you get your package from them in the mail, it comes with a great matchbox all tied with black & white ribbon. Also one day I read their story and realized, They totally get it! Their company motto is, “Work is fun at Paddywax and when work is fun it shows in the details.” I will continue to be a customer for a long time. I am hooked.

Another thing I saw in Real Simple that I am dying to try is the Red Truck Wines Mini-Barrel. I am a wine-a-holic, but not a wine snob. I won’t drink Franzia under any circumstances, but I don’t spend hundreds either. I have bought one mini-barrel before, it was in an artistic barrel containing a French Rhone blend and was great but it was a special offer and was not available again. I was bummed, and had to find another company that offered it. Why you ask? First of all, 1 barrel is equal to 4 bottles and the wine stays fresh for up to 6 weeks after opening. Plus, on their website Red Truck boasts, “Less than half the carbon footprint of glass bottles. Almost 100% recyclable.” The wine itself is a red blend with syrah, malbec, cab franc and other grapes – sounds like a perfect party wine to me. I can’t wait to order some for myself. I will report back when I do. I wish more wineries would offer mini-barrels. I think it’s going to be the next rage – it is such a great offering! From bottle to barrel, let’s do it.

[Via http://pureamber.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment