Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More interesting food for thought...or wine

Even as I set up this blog I thought that I would be more honest. Only one person knows I’m setting this commitment for 2010 and that’s my older sister. She wouldn’t judge me. She supports me in this, but there are behaviors that even I’m ashamed to admit. The things I have done to get in an extra drink or keep drinking are embarassing.

I’m filled with shame over those behaviors–like hiding empty bottles in moving boxes or filling a bottle with water so that it appears I didn’t drink the whole thing…again. Buying the same brand and rotating through bottles so that anyone peeking in the fridge would just assume it’s the same bottle.

There–I said it. And it wasn’t that bad…I’m looking forward to Friday. Day one of 365.

[Via http://ayearwithoutbooze.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment