Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WineLibrary Picks November 2009

As soon as I met Gary, I immediately became a Vayniac and I have been in recovery from that meeting for 3 months now.  And when I say met, I mean I watched this video.  Here are my reviews for the wines I purchased.  This is the first time I really put some thought into wine.

A little about my WineLibrary experience.  Purchasing 6 wines and paying shipping & handling, I paid an average of $10 per wine (though some wines were under $5).  The delivery came real fast, and I could track it.

2008 Lello Douro Branco – Portugal Table Wines

I have to say… it is better chilled.  When cold, it tastes like ice with a hint of lemon.  I wouldn’t completely say frozen lemonade from Disneyland, but there are inklings of it.  Once it becomes room temperature, its taste becomes strong and the after taste more intense.  I would say lemon and with a dash of lead.  There’s a small burning sensation at the back of my throat, but I like spices so I enjoy it.  A wolf in sheep’s clothing type of wine as its smooth on the palate and bites you on the way down.   Its fresh and cleanly qualities may be a result of its alcoholic and chemical vapors.  Its aroma is very pleasing to my sense  of smell as it is regal and classic–at least when cold.  It makes me hungry, as I would love a piece of cheese at the moment.  I wish I knew how to rate wines.  However, my personal rating would be: 73

Turning Leaf White Zinfandel – California Blush 2008

I bought this one for my grandma.  She really wanted a good blush, though with her diabetes she shouldn’t drink it.  I think Gary said it best here…. yes, jolly rancher, he wasn’t kidding.  And that’s why I bought it.  Very satisfied.  89

wine #3 soon to come



[Via http://corpsevalentine.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment