Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Des Voigne Cellars "Untitled" - 06 Red Blend

As of today I have a new rule…a bad day at work equals a good bottle of wine.  Today happened to be a bad day at work so I thought I’d try out the new rule and open a good bottle of wine.  Since it’s been ages, I thought I’d do a quick review as well….a review of the wine, not of my bad day.

  • Wine Info:  40% Cab Franc, 30% Syrah, 30% Petit Verdot
  • Appearance: Dark ruby, lighter around the edges
  • Nose: Great fruit – plums and cherries mostly; hint of vanilla and maybe a little clove?
  • Taste: Initial ripe fruit and then it reminds me of the skin of a plum - good fruit and just a little tart
  • Finish: A little spice initially (maybe from the Syrah?), the fruit lingers for a bit mid palate, medium tannins
  • Price: $30 range
  • Remarks:  This is a great wine with or without food.  I’d like to say how it will mellow and improve with age but the truth is, I can’t seem to age this one too long.  My only regret is that I didn’t buy more of it when it was available.  I won’t make that mistake when it becomes available again.

[Via http://caninesandcabernet.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment