Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Delicious Way to Help Kids

Usually when flying, I like to catch up on my sleep, or catch up on reading my book. But on the last airplane, I met my seat neighbour, and somehow ended up talking about wine! She told me about an organization called Korks-4-Kids which I think is very special.

Korks 4 Kids

Korks 4 Kids

Korks-4-Kids is a non-profit that collects wine corks of any shape, size or quality and sells the material to recycling plants for a profit. Then they use the money collected to donate to the Autism Foundation. This organization hopes to expand and support other causes for children in the future.

Tempra Tantrum wines don’t use corks, instead they use stelvin-caps. But next time you’re drinking a Montecillo, or any wine with a cork, remember to save it. What could be better than a delicious and environmentally friendly way to help kids!

-Rocio

[Via http://rocioosborne.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment