Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Belgian French Teacher

Last night, I went on a date with a belgian French teacher. We met at a wine bar for some bruschetta and Riesling, and then went to the Tempe Improv, where Kevin Nealon from the TV show Weeds was performing.

Altogether, I had a pretty good time. Insofar as the guy goes, he was very nice and a decent conversationalist. He made several comments about my appearance – which was kind of nice, but after the third time of him telling me that I look, ‘… just… wow’, and telling me that he liked my hair cut and that my shoulders are very defined, and that he liked the way I dress, and that he very glad that I was there with him at the Improv… Well, it was all very nice, but I got the distinct impression that he’s a little too eager to please. Oh, and he’s one of those people who find it difficult to say ‘good-bye’ and leave, which can get annoying.

It could be because it was the first date and he wanted to make a good impression. Overall, he did, so I think I’ll say ‘yes’ if he asks me out again. After all, 2nd dates are usually more telling.

Other observations: I doubt he has any brain defiencies, and he seems pretty decent in social settings. His accent is a little hard to follow, however, which threw me off a little. And it’s hard to explain, but his ’style’ of talking is… different. But what should I have expected? After all, he’s Belgian, and French is his native language. Although he DID call his penis a ’schlong’ (…) when telling me about another time he was in the front at improv and the comedian was joking about being able to see up his shorts.

And fortunately, he’s not as shy as he seemed on the phone.

Possibilities here? That remains to be seen. If so, we’ll shall have to overcome his fear of cats.

[Via http://anotherdatingblog.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment