Sunday, September 6, 2009

Le Vieux Pin Sauvignon Blanc

 

I am much more a red wine drinker than a white wine drinker to be sure, but I must say over the years I have opened up my palate a lot more than in the past.

There was a time when I laughed at BC wines, slowly I came to recognize that there were a few that did a pretyy reasonable job, and every once in a while you come across one or two that stand shoulder to shoulder with the best there is to offer.

This is one of those wines.

Now I should preface this a bit by saying that I really like big wines, and as such I like Sauvignon Blanc more than some of the more subtle wines already, but this is a real stand out.

Levels, depth, huge and lush, this is a big wine and damn I just love it.

More info on the winery here Le Vieux Pin.

[Via http://damnallthegoodonesaretaken.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment