Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lo Zucchero

Oh my gosh I am tired this morning. Last night was a late one, a great one, but a late one! I’m paying for it now too and can’t really keep my eyes open. Need coffee now, where is Adam when you need him!

Prior to heading to the restaurant we headed to Patti’s for some bubbles Mez brought over from Sydney. This one was from her trip to the Barossa with my parents earlier this year

Bird in Hand – Delish!

We all had a nice taste while snacking on this spread Patti set out.

I had lots of olives, they were lovely.

We hit up Lo Zucchero shortly after and the chef promptly sent this spread to the table. My dad knows the owner and chef as he delivers to the restaurant for the company he works for, Bannister Downs dairy.

This included seared swordfish, arancini balls, mini bruscetta.

Field mushrooms

Prawns

It was all so delicious . I sampled everything except the field mushroom (ick).

For mains, I ordered the cannelloni which was also really nice. The sauce was quite sweet which was a nice change and it wasn’t too heavy on the cheese, just parmesan on top.

Here’s a sample of what the rest of my family ordered.

Tortellini with braised rabbit (this was a HUGE hit)

Veal Parmiagana (these chips were so good, beer flavoured)

Whole barramundi

Veal scaloppini

Some amazing wines Merilyn brought over that we all shared

To finish up I just had a skinny cap because I was so stuffed. It came with a yummy little melt in your mouth shortbread. 

The atmosphere of the restaurant was great. It was very relaxed and family style. I will definitely be back with Adam soon. The food was delish, it is cheap for Perth (my cannelloni was only $12.50 and none of the other mains were over $25) and they have interesting specials. None of us tried the pizzas but they looked awesome! They also offer gluten free bases and pasta if you need it.

We retreated back to Patti’s again where copious amounts of chocolate were consumed and more wine . Since I don’t eat much chocolate usually, I kind felt like I was regurgitating chocolate all night even after brushing my teeth! Not good! Anyway it was a really fun night so it was worth it, back on the bandwagon again today.

Wow, it’s been a really really big 2 days of eating and drinking and I am feeling it today. I’m very sluggish. It’s probably got to do with the fact that I have been 9 days *cry* without exercise… I am going to go to the gym later today though and see how I go.

I dragged myself out of bed around 9.45am this morning and for brekkie I made myself a huge bowl of Banana Oatbran on the stove. I am officially obsessed with oat bran!

This was 40g of Oat Bran, 1/2 cup of skim milk, 1 medium overripe banana and a dash of vanilla essence. I had 2 strong cups of Rooibos too. I have a bit of washing to do and need to finish off cleaning up the kitchen from yesterdays shenanigans then I’ll be catching up with Mez before she flies back to Sydney.

I just have to say please excuse my photos being all over the shop at the moment! I am still getting used to my parents camera and its settings so bear with me.

[Via http://whatisforbreakfast.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment