Wednesday, September 23, 2009

{Wine} Top 5 Rose wines- how difficult can that be?

It seems like such a daunting task to find a good rose wine.

Thought I had chanced upon a great list of Top 10s, when I found various other lists which totally confused me.

How does one go about choosing between “A lovely salmon color, with intense fruit flavors, made of 100 percent cabernet franc” and “This sangiovese’s sunset orange-pink color combines with a nearly frizzante quality to make a great party wine. It’s festive, sweet, but almost effervescent.”

Which one’s better guys? A salmon color or sunset orange? And while we’re disputing this, what on earth is “frizzante”? Sounds like a bad hair day!

Of course, I am veering towards bottle green but then again that’s me. Just found a third listhere.

Someone help me! There seem to be more rose critics than rose wines where I’m sitting. A rose by any name just smells so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment